Sunday, August 27, 2006

Remember, remember the 5th of November!


All I can say is Ah!!! V for Vendetta is like a breath of fresh air after breathing smogg for a while. One of the few original movies after a long lone of crappy movies and remakes that Hollywood passes off as the best movie ever. The Wachowski brothers pull off another masterpeice of a movie. When I saw it in the theater the first time I was on the edge of my seat and loved every minute of the movie. When the DVD came out I rushed to get it and when I saw it again, it didn't disappoint.

I didn't think much of Natalie Portman in the Star Wars movies and didn't expect to see her act in any other movies, but was pleasantly surprised with her performance in this movie. Hugo Weaving's dialog was great. I rewound the part when V and Eve meet for the first time because I loved it so much.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

Now without going back, how many words start with the Letter V. Post your answer!

If you haven't seen this movie, rent it! For sure, worth every penny! Enjoy!

12 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Ferda said...

now... without going back - how many v's were in that dialogue?

my guess: 32

 
At 1:25 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Ferda said...

I mean monologue

 
At 2:31 PM, August 28, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

Ah good one Ferds! I say 42.

 
At 10:44 AM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Palmer said...

Did you pick up the Special Edition Joe? I'm wondering how the documentaries are and if I shoudl bother...

 
At 12:20 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

Did you want a copy to check it out?

 
At 12:46 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Palmer said...

Mmm...I'm going to get my own copy but am undecided on whether or not to splurge for the special edition.

 
At 2:09 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

To be honest, I rarely look at the special features on a DVD. If I'm really into the movie I'll check it out, but I just buy the DVDs for the movie.

 
At 9:51 PM, August 29, 2006, Blogger iBenoit said...

after a glowing review like that ... i will have to check this one out.

 
At 8:05 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

I count 56 words that start with V (That includes vis-a-vis as 2 V's)

I count 61 individual V's
3 capital V's
58 lower case V's

That is out of 140 words
and 836 characters (removing the quotes but including punctuation and spaces)

so 40% of the words start with V
And
6.9% of the characters are V's

 
At 8:08 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

Joe, you answered your own question wrong... sheesh

 
At 8:11 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Matt said...

That answer was ONLY for V's speech.

 
At 9:01 AM, August 30, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

lol, Matt you are such a geek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home