Friday, November 17, 2006

New $5 hits the streets!


Well I managed to get my hands on a few of the new fives today. Being a collector of paper currency can be trying sometimes. The bad jokes "don't we all collect paper money?" The feeling that the tellers at the bank think I'm crazy when I tell them that I'm collecting them and the have to be crisp bills! Going into banks all the time and asking if they have this or that. Asking friends to go into banks and ask for me in different cities, but in the end it is worth it when I get the treasured bill in my hands. The Bank of Canada has a great website and has helped me greatly with my collection.
Why do I collect paper money, I'd say it is like a treasure hunt for me. Going through all that effort to find the bill that my collection is missing to make it complete. Have you ever looked at a bill closely? They are works of art, snapshots of Canadian history and Canadian landscapes. Just like a painting in the national art gallery, I find these little works of art a pleasure to look at, but with paper money they have two sides!

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, November 29, 2006, Blogger Ferda said...

awww Joe you are so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home