Sunday, September 03, 2006

Letting the inner Geek out!

This Saturday Duncan and I went to the SFX show in Toronto. This was the first Sci-Fi show that either of us went to. I was expecting the people to be dressed up in costumes of their favorite character and I wasn't disappointed as you can see from the picture! Some of the costumes where very good and I only have a sample of what was there.

If you are into comic books and toys this will be your thing, but it mostly was a let down to me. I did get to see Carrie Fisher(Princess Leia), Gates Mcfadden( Dr, Crusher), Morena Baccarin(Inara from Firefly, and I must add looks better in person that the show),Juliet Landau (from Buffy),and Verne Troyer( Mini Me). At the space table Kim Poirier(hyperspace weekly) was there and man was she smoking hot!

The thing that shocked me was the price just to see Bill(Capt Kirk) and Leonard (spock). The in person autographs started at $99 and went to $399. I like star Trek, but not that much!

Would I go to the show again, no!

6 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, September 04, 2006, Blogger AquariusDragon said...

Love the picture! It's great seeing you on your knees!

 
At 7:11 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

Yup, that is what happens when you make fun of he hardcore geeks!

 
At 8:21 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

You don't have to be on your knees when you're that close to the ground dave!

 
At 8:51 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Palmer said...

I am disappointed to hear that the show was a letdown as I thought it would be SUPER COOL!

Although a picture of me with Stormtroopers would be the price of admission alone.

 
At 9:38 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

I think that you'd enjoyed it better than I did since you're into comics and the toy figures more than I am. There were many people that were dressed up and I missed a few.

 
At 8:49 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger iBenoit said...

Great picture Joe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home