Sunday, November 19, 2006

Weekend Report

You know you've had a good weekend when you are ready to go back to work. My good buddy Rob from Ottawa came down to Brockvegas, lol I'll back to that, to play the Phoenix with his band Shotgun Kiss. The last time he played there they didn't want to pay him because the owner thought he was dropping too many F-bombs. I was very impressed with the covers Shotgun Kiss belted out. The funny part was Rob yelling out " How you doing Brockvegas!" The band told him at the end of the first night that "Brockvegas" was derogatory and the locals would not like it. I feel this is my fault because I use "Brockvegas" a lot, but since I'm a local I can use it, got that Rob! lol

Well the highlight of the first night was this woman, I use the term loosely, was after Rob and would not take no for an answer. I started with "Rob is my gay lover" and she shot back with a "Cool, I like that, can I join in?". Taste of vomit in my mouth when she finished saying that. Then she wanted to know what would I want to try and hook her up with him, ew I just felt dirty! I told her to find a nice local boy, but that just fired her up even more! Finally, I just told her he was engaged to me married, first I was surprised at how fast it made it around the bar, second she didn't believe me. She must have found a local guy after all since I didn't see her after last call. Maybe they threw her out, which would not surprise me at all! I wish I hadn't forgotten the camera the first night, you would laugh if you could see her!

After that Rob kept me up till 5 AM sucking back beers and chatting about past tales. Damm you Rob I felt like crap the next day. No, it didn't help me that I had 3 1/2 hours sleep and played Squash the next day hungover. After Squash it was back to bed, to get rested up for another night with Rob at the bar. I was dead tired, but he had the place jumping again, guess what, I was there till closing again! Damm you Rob! Well I had a blast and the best part is I have a month to rest up till the next time you and your band are back again to rock Brockvegas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home