Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Back at it!

Winter is back! After a great warm weekend with Danielle, I arrived back in Iqaluit yesterday to a great sunny -7C! The soles of my boots freezing to the ground as I waited for a cab outside the airport. Why a cab, well the tech that normally works up here was away and we weren't able to tell him I'm on my way. Oh, and by the way, my supervisor tells me the Jeep is smashed and you'll have to rent a vehicle. So after I grab the Suzuki Grand Vitara and off to races I go. First order of buisness is to get my food to the apartment and get squared away.

So after my stuff is in the apertment I take a run up to the receiver site and of course the snow banks are up to the top of the truck! Go over to the transmitter site same thing! Argh! They I go and find the missing tech! The wierd thing about the way the houses their numbers are by the time they are built and not where they sit on the street. So if a building, say is numbered 4001 it will be in the South end and the lower Numbers are in the North end. So I found the missing tech and shared some beers over stories of exploding power supplies and high voltage transmitters.

This Morning it was -10C and cloudy, current conditions -5C and snowing,

4 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, May 08, 2007, Blogger Matt said...

The weather here today is amazing.
You need to come back for the long weekend.
How am I supposed to have a perverts row without you.

I will have to bring a picture of you like at Shannon's wedding.

 
At 9:39 AM, May 09, 2007, Blogger Palmer said...

I still have that photo in my bedroom if we need it.

Joe, glad to hear that you made it there alright and things are well.

 
At 2:14 PM, May 15, 2007, Blogger Ferda said...

who is this danielle? also what is a susuki?

 
At 9:17 AM, May 25, 2007, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

oops! I meant suzuki! Danielle is the new sexy squeeze!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home