Sunday, January 14, 2007

Weekend Report

This is a bit of a last week and this weekend report! Last Monday I was thinking how much of a hermit I've been lately and I need to do more fun stuff since there is no snow out!.

I was checking out the Ottawa Senators schedule to see when the next game was and wow, they were playing Boston the next day! I know of this buddy of mine who is a huge Bruins fan and so I e-mailed him to see if he wanted to go. A big "hell Yes!" later and the tickets were bought! I met Rob at O'Connor's for a beer before the game and we noticed on the way out that they had a Bruin's jersey taped to the floor .
off to the game for the $10.50 beers, bit of a shock since it is 0.50c cheaper than the last time I was at a game! Damn, they will still not let me drink from the taps! after the walk that took forever we found our seats, just in time for the start of the game. Well the Bruins get a quick couple of goals and I'm getting ready for a gloat fest from Rob, yes, I wasn't disappointed when it came. he kept pouring it on in the second with the "lets go Thomas , let go!" I was getting ready for the third periods ribbing when Ottawa comes alive with a couple of goals, what is this? Rob is quiet, lol! Ottawa scores again, I'm starting to gloat a bit, but the memories from the time in DC was still kind of fresh and didn't need to feed the Bruins fan if they came back. Ottawa puts in a empty net , time to gloat! I had a blast, it is so much fun to go to a game with a really hockey fan, even if he is a Bruins lover!

Weds, off to go see Eragon. This one is a renter. it is geared more for teenagers the plot is simple and kind of choppy in the movie. The effects are great, but I would save my money and rent it!

So fast forward to Thursday, off to point Petre for work. The Coast Guard had a site there in the Early 90s the site was turned over to Environment Canada. It seems that there was an 90 foot antenna that had been overlooked and never taken down. Guess what, Mother nature did it for us. We had to clean it up, it wasn't that hard and the interesting part was the base (30 feet long, 200+ Lbs) we removed all but one bolt and that one bent and jammed the base, oh yes and this is at 10 feet up on a tower! up the tower I go and we take turn with the hacksaw cutting the last bolt. We get the last bolt off, drop the base on the ground. Great place on lake Ontario with the wind blowing and the waves crashing in the shore! Yes,this is Jan, life is tough when you get paid to do work in great weather!

Friday! Off to Orillia to drop off some of the new VHF DSC( Very High Frequency Digital Selective Calling) equipment that is being installed this winter. Since there was two of us I brought my laptop and some DVDs. Hey it was a ten hours drive ( done in 8, you figure it out!) since it was a rainy day and I've done this drive before so I started with "A Fist Full of Dollars". This is the first of three spaghetti western movies that were done in Italy. after that one it was a "Few More Dollars" and I got a bit of "the Good , The Bad and The Ugly" in. Yes I'll admit it was a bit cheesy, who am I kidding, it was very cheesy. just remember I'm getting paid to watch these movies! OK back to the trip, around suppertime we stop in Kingston and my co-worker suggest some Vietnamese, "hell Yes!" I've been craving for Asian Cuisine for a while so off to Dong Nai we go. It looks like Cam Kong or So Good except this place is spotless. I had the spring rolls and the Tofu, Shrimp, chicken Pad Thai, it would be on par with Mekong, possibly even better!

Saturday, my Ravens are playing the Colts, My Sister-in-Law's Birthday party is on this night and the Sens are playing Argh! OK, Sens was easy since it started at 1:30 and I listen to it on the radio on the way up, way to go 8-3 can't wait to see the hab lover at pool Monday! Next watched my Ravens struggle against the Colts and we had to leave with 10 Min left in the fourth to take my Sister-In-Law to Friday's roast beef house. I love this place and the food is almost always great! Yup this was the night it wasn't great. The food came late and they had changed the mash potatoes for roasted without telling us and the beef was cold. I was so hungry (we arrived at 7:30 , ordered at 8 this was 10) and I didn't care. I told the server this and they gave us the beer free! I've eaten here a few times and I' have to admit that the place was very busy so it will not stop me from going to Friday's in the future.

Sunday, I rested, after church!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home