Saturday, May 26, 2007

Shave Chronicles...

... and a few other things to talk about!

First, Hello from Resolute Bay on Cornwallis Island for the geographically challenged. So it is week three and just over a week left. You can almost say that it is my playoff beard since the Sens have advanced this far and the only time they loose is when I trim the beard, so no more trimming for me till they win the cup!!


On a side note, I got the truck stuck in the snow at the transmitter site. Yes, off roading in snow and an hour later with a dust pan and some sand and we are back on the main road!

So Yesterday it was the flight from Iqaluit to Resolute aboard the vintage 1960s HS 748 yes, you can laugh, something that is older that I am! For those who like heat take this plane I was roasting all the way up, the first time that I've actually been warm on a plane!

I have a rant about how airlines handle problems. The flight was supposed to leave at 2:30. well I know something is up when it is 2:35 and no boarding call. Then they announce that there will be a 30 Min delay in the flight! No this is not the first time that "the mushroom treatment" (keep you in the dark and feed you shit!) has been used on me. An hour before they tell me that flight out of Halifax is going to be another three hours due to mechanical issues. Three days! Yes is was kept in the dark for three days, two years ago, that the next time I can get up to Resolute because the weather was crappy and that is after a three hours flight there, another three hours back to Iqaluit! yes they flew us up then back with out landing in Resolute! hello I'm an adult most of the time and how hard is it to tell me that it will be the next flight (three days) so I could do something other than wait around. I'm more pissed that make you wait around so that it will be easier for the airline to round you up and get you in the plane. I will snap one of these days and it will not be pretty.
Enough complaining already. I don't know what the temp is today but it is cold I'd guess -10-14C but it is a beautiful day out, sunny and not a cloud in the sky. I have ice in my beard and I'll look like a raccoon from the sun glasses and sun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home