Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Weekend Report

Ah, This weekend I combined two things that I love to do. Drive on Ottawa's busiest streets and shopping. Yes, that is sarcasm! Christmas shopping was the name of the game. Keeping cool the key to winning it.


Don't get me wrong I love Christmas and being with family and giving presents, but this time of year is a pain in the butt getting to the shopping centers Then once you get there it is like a scene out of Mad Max, a battle for the one parking spot that 30 other cars are looking for! Get into the store to find out that the item you are looking for just sold out! Argh!!!!!!! Repeat at the next shopping center! So here are a few tips to keep the stress down and have more Christmas spirit.



1. Take a day off work to do your shopping. The roads have less cars, more parking spots at the stores and the shops have less people in them.



2. Get there early. If the weekend is the only time you have. Early is the game! I try to have my shopping done by noon. Hey, people like to sleep in and it gives the same reasons as No. 1.



3. Shop online, can't beat UPS/Purolator/DHL bringing it to you! The shipping charge is always worth my sanity!



I found a site www.tv-links.co.uk that had all the episodes of Heroes and decided to watch the pilot while Tara was out shopping. Well 11 hours later I finished all 11 episodes and now I'm hooked. Yes, I'm behind the times Ryan, but wow I love this show! An x-men feel with an x-files twist. The website is pretty cool, but when I started to witch Stargate Atlantis season two it will not upload part 4 of episode 1. boo, hiss. It looks like the person who owns the site fixes broken link and will notify you that the link has been fixed. I like this site do to the fact that I'm busy and I do not like to have to sit at a certain time to watch the show on TV. When I have time I go to the site and then watch at my convenience, pause when I have to and come back when I'm ready. The way of the future, just go to NBC.com and watch your show,Hint, Hint NBC!

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, December 14, 2006, Blogger Palmer said...

Actually, there are quite a few stations that do this already (ABC for one of them) but it's only available in the States which is lame. Hello, it's a WORLD wide web.

Anyhow, I'm glad you are into the show. It's everyone's fave show lately. So cool!

As for the shopping woes..I agree. Order online. That's what I"ve done this year so far and it's great!

 
At 1:19 PM, December 18, 2006, Blogger James said...

Welcome to the Heros Bandwagon.

 
At 10:04 PM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the link Joe... I had never seen this site.

Ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home