Monday, June 18, 2007

Back to the North!



This Saturday the second part of the Northern adventure starts again! The trip up on the icebreaker that I was looking very forward to has been replaced with a flight from Montreal, yuck! The bright part is I get to see another part of Canada that a small fraction of the population will ever see! I have the website for the town Kuujjiaq if you want more information and pictures of this Village. I hear that the bar in the hotel is very big and I will have to scope it out when I get there.

Once we get there we'll have to wait for the icebreaker to arrive on station in Ungava Bay and get people on the ground before we make the two hour flight by helicopter to Killinek. I'll have my camera ready for any wildlife on the ride up as there was many Polar Bear sightings last year.

So the part that I look forward to is the sail back to Iqaluit via Frobisher Bay, I hope that the weather is good because I'll bring a lawn chair this time and camp out on the bow of the ship while we transit the Bay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home