Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Piano Men

I was at the Billy Joel/ Elton John concert last night. Lets just say that it was a dream of mine finally coming true. I've been a big Billy Joel fan since I was in my teens and have always wanted to see him in concert. It is kind of Ironic that I saw these two artists together, I remember when I was younger hearing Billy Joel and Elton John touring together, but at the time I was listening to Van Halen , Billy Joel and Def Leppard. So I didn't have a clue who Elton John was at the time let alone what his music sounded like. The price of the tickets were very expensive and I decided that it wasn't worth it to see this Elton John.

Well since then I've broadened my musical tastes and found out who Elton John was and was surprised that I knew a lot of his songs, you have to love ignorance! I was introduced to Elton John's concert a few years back while I was in College. I was approached by my brother about a person that was getting rid of the ticket to the Concert. Around this time I would try new musical artists all the time and jumped at the chance to see Elton John. I was blown away at the great performance that Sir Elton gave. Most concerts are two hours long and that is by two acts. Sir Elton ran two and a half hours without a break! So I was expecting great show this time around and like the Eric Clapton concert I was blown away. The show started with both Joel and John singing a few of each other songs then Elton John performed a set by himself , then Billy Joel and the encore was both artists joining for a 40 min encore that topped an amazing night.

The part that really moved me was the last song "piano man" when the crowd sang the chorus, man it was loud and nearly brought Joel to tears. Truly amazing show! would see it again in a heartbeat!

Sing us a song, your the piano man
sing us a song tonight
we're all in the mood for a melody
and you have us feeling alright

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home