Friday, September 07, 2007

Buying the house!

Well after going to a bunch of open house viewings to cement where I want to look for a home. I gathered up all my income statements and ran off to the bankers to see what they will give me. Before I went, I asked a few people that have bought homes and they tell me "don't pay the posted rate", "ask for lower rates" After a few banks I was getting the hang of it and they were hitting well below the posted 7.2% for a five year closed mortgage. I'm at the point of of asking what can the bank do about service fees(free), interest rates on credit cards and lines of credit(reduced rates). I love it, "I'm the client, what can you do for me!"

On the other hand the stress levels are up there as the single owner and income earner of the new place. This is a major goal that I have reached in my life and the pressure of not screwing it up is always hanging over my head. Now that I know what the range of what I can afford is, Off to the real estate agent I go. The fall is a busy time for the real estate market and a bunch of home in my price range have popped up. I was even told about a home that will go on sale next week, by a friend.

Keep posted as I'll let you know how the home buying is coming along!

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, September 09, 2007, Blogger Palmer said...

You will be fine as long as you realize the priorities (aka, a giant beer room.)

 
At 7:49 AM, September 10, 2007, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

Well that is what I told the lady. I want a room for an office, I want the garage to work on the bike and a man room for the bar and big screen TV! She can have the rest of the house to do with what she like to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home