Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Monday from Hell

Well I try to keep my Blog upbeat and positive with all the negativity in the world today, but I have to share this day with you!

It started with waking up, I was feeling kind of crappy due the lack of sleep and I think I'm coming down with a flu. It has been going around North Bay. I debated about calling in sick and decided to go in. I get into work and find out that the cable I fixed the previous Monday has been cut again! Since I know that this job will take only thirty minutes to an hour to fix, hop in the car and off to Trenton I go. Arrive around 11:30 and I'm thinking this could be done by 12:30 and back in Prescott by 3PM. This is where the military get fun. Calls are placed to find the keys to the water tower (200 ft+ circa 1945) an hour goes by, no call back, so I ask the air force guys to call someone up the chain to get these keys. Another half hours passes no call. I get the office in charge to start calling maybe he has the grease to make this key pop out of its hiding spot. Another hour passes and by this time I've finished watching Days of Thunder on the TV So off to a late Lunch I go. The construction boys have downtown Trenton crawling, people who know my type A personality behind the wheel, know that I'm boiling by this time. I get back and find out that someone who has the keys called! They call and the Mcpl Perry shows up, opens the door for me and up I go. Well the cable was chewed to hell, so I have to replace the whole length. The wind was pretty high(60-80KM/H) and it is blowing me all over the place, with a storm in the distance coming down Trenton's way. Did I mention it was a 200 ft+ metal tower built in 1945 ish? So I run the new cable and get two new ends on it while the tower is rocking under me, yes I'll admit it , I was thinking "what if this tower falls over with me in it?" I test the cable with the JRCC (Joint Rescue communication Center) no go. So I test the cable and one end has shorted with the ground , but what end? Two connectors, 50% chance. Well Since I have to solder the connector on, I cut one off. Yup, it was the good one! Off goes the other one and start all over again and again and again and again... Six times in total. Finally I get two good connectors and it checks out with Prescott.

By this time Mcpl Perry must think that I'm in trouble and is waiting for me at the bottom of the tower. I pack up the car and off to Prescott I go. Around Napanee I see a car on the side of the 401 with it's side mirror smashed, I turn to look back down the highway and all I see is a sea of red lights and big rigs swerving all over the road! A quick "Holy Shit!" jump on the brakes and I almost plow into the back of one of the rigs. Needed new underwear after that, but yes it gets better, about a hundred kicks down the road, my belly is telling me that I've ignored it and it wants some attention. Oh. Look a cookie from Lunch is sitting on the seat beside me. I grab for it and the next thing I know, the car is half off the highway, cruise set at 120. The underwear has a new buddy! Finally, I get back to Prescott alive, I'm locked out of the base, argh! Screw this, I get in my car and off to home I go, grab my gym stuff and work out my frustration for the day. I was feeling better till I went to the pool hall to find out what my team mates will be for this year. Yup the bad news is still a rolling. The captain is a fanatical pool player and when we are loosing can get all bent out of shape. I hope that we win a lot this year!

Actually now that I've read this post and vented an bit it doesn't seem that bad after all. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home