Monday, January 01, 2007

This Might Be the One!



Well as the year was closing out I was surfing the Motorcycle manufacturer's web site to see what the 2007 models would be looking like next... well, this year! To my surprise BMW has come out with this Machine!

As most of you fellow bike riders know that I was looking for more of a sport touring bike as most of the riding that I do now is in the hundred of kilometers. The only option to me was the BMW R1200RT, Honda's ST1300, and Yamaha's FJR1300. All of these bikes range from $19 000 -$25 000 CND. It would have been a big step up size and power from the 750CC bike that I now own, but this R800ST will give me the comfort for the long haul rides and a boost in power for only $13 000 MSRP, Cha Ching! A BMW bike for this price is like a dream come true. The only apprehension that I have about this bike is that the engine is a newV twin for this model. I have found some videos of this bike and I am not a fan of the sound that the bike has, but the performance is suppose to match or outperforms the Jap bikes. Maybe I will be able to keep up to the SV 650s if I get this bike,

It will be a long winter till I can get to BMW dealership next spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home