Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend Report



Well it was another one of those "where did the weekend go?" types of weekends! Friday I was hit with the nasty head cold that has been buzzing around Brockville. So I took some drugs and off to bed I went! Saturday, I felt better and it was lunch time with the Sister at the Lone Star before she had to return to North Bay. The food at the Lone Star is great as always.

After lunch I dropped into Motor Sports World to check out the BMW 800ST and guess what, yup, they had one! I sat down on it and the seat of the bike felt like it was made for my ass! The picture does not do it justice, it looks way better in person! Asked some questions and was tempted to buy the bike right then, but I've not found my sugar Momma yet, so with a sigh I had to leave and wait till later this year to buy.

Off to my Brother's place to watch some wild card playoff action. First game, KC at Indy. What a snooze fest! If the Colts play like that against the Ravens this week, the Ravens will chew them up! Go Ravens! Next the Cowboys against the Seahawks. The Cowboys being the leafs of the NFL, lead me to cheer for the Seahawks to kick the Cowboys ass! Well this game didn't let me down as the first game did, but the Cowboys managed to get the ball down to the 5 with 1:29 left on the clock, went for the field goal, a nice 20 yard chip shot to win the game. Romo takes the snap and, oops! drops the ball! picks it up and tries to run it in, tackled on the 2 game over Cowboys! like the beer commercial says! "HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS! " I can't wait till next Sunday when my Ravens battle the Colts!

So Sunday rolls around and after Church we take off to do some hiking in Charleston lake. Can you believe it Jan 7th and it is +6C and Sunny out! What a beautiful place, the hiking trail overlooks the lake and it was so calm out. As we were talking we lost the trail and ended up lost in the bush, but the best part is that there is water on three sides so we didn't get lost for long once we found the water! The thing about Charleston lake is it is only 30-40 min away from my place and I didn't know about it. I'll be hitting this place often in the near future.

Another thing on the way to Charleston Lake county road 3 looks like it could be a great ride. Keep looking for my post on this road in the spring after I get the bike out. If the weather keeps up it might be mid March!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home