Monday, October 01, 2007

The Bid is in! now closed!



Well after a month of house hunting and looking at places that I would not have a Dog or Cat sleep in, I have found a place that I could call home. It is in Brockville 4 blocks from King street. I have placed an offer and I'll know by 8 PM tonight if it is 1,accepted 2. countered and 3. rejected.

Being my first home purchase it has been quite an emotional ride, stress from the thought of taking on the most debt that I've ever seen, the elation of knowing that all that hard work has brought a completion of a major goal in my life. Disappointment of looking forward to seeing a property and finding out that it need 10s of thousands of dollars in fixes. Grateful in having family and friends to help me out with the workings of buying a house. Fun, this surprised me, of the negotiations of , offer , counter offer. It is like a chess game. I know what I want to pay and trying to figure out what the other party will agree to.

I want to thank everyone that has helped me with this major goal in my life!

Stay tuned for pictures and news on the offer.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

The offer wasn't rejected, they countered. I'll sleep on it and see if I counter-counter the offer.

UPDATE#2

So now we are on offer number 5 that will expire today at noon! Will Joe own his first house today or an I back on the trial of looking at houses? Stay tuned!
UPDATE#3 Well ladies and gentlemen the offer was accepted. All I have to do is clear my waivers then I have to wait 48 ours to clear their waiver and the place is mine. The townhouse was built in 2005 and you can see what it looks like inside here
Update #4 The sale is closed and the place is mine! Housewarming to be announced!


Joe

3 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, October 08, 2007, Blogger iBenoit said...

Congrats.. homeowning is an exciting time!

B.

 
At 10:45 AM, October 10, 2007, Blogger Pollcrazy said...

Thanks Benoit!

 
At 2:10 PM, March 14, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home